Easy Home Remedies for Skin Moisture Loss
The absence of sufficient water in the skin’s top layer can make the skin dry. Dry skin is the effect of several factors such as harsh climate, strong detergents, poor diet and hot showers. Heated or air-conditioned air may cause skin to lose its moisture. The dry air, extreme cold, and harsh wind can dry the oil secreted by the sebaceous glands meant to lubricate the surface of the skin.
Dull, dry skin on face is also the effect of smoking and excessive sun tanning beds. The heat from these elements dries up the moisture that keeps skin healthy, plumped-up and youthful-looking.
Other things can rob the skin of its moisture. Temperature and humidity levels during winter can leave one with dry skin, chapped and sore because of the loss of moisture and oil. Without moisture, the skin can harden and flake. Hot water baths and spas take away important proteins from the skin. The hotter the shower water, the more skin moisture is lost.
On the other hand, some men and women simply have an outer skin that does not hold moisture well. Normally, the outer layer of the skin is kept moist by fluid from the sweat glands and from the underlying tissues. Sebum oil from the sebaceous glands helps seal the fluid. However, the oil released by the sebaceous glands lessens in volume with aging.
While one cannot keep skin away from the elements and factors that rob skin of its moisture, here are dry skin and face care treatments to help men care and cure dry skin.
Moisturize, and Moisturize Especially When Skin is Chapped and Parched
When the face feels tight after washing, one has dry skin. The basic cure to dry skin is moisturizing, as moisturizers supply the lubrication the skin needs fast. Apply moisturizer right after a bath, while skin is still damp. Apply again whenever the skin feels dry and especially before bed.
Which moisturizers should one use to cure dry skin overnight? Moisturizers with organic oil content offer more protection. The thicker the product, the more it seals in skin moisture. Rose hip oil is one efficient ingredient for skin dryness. This biological substance is rich in vitamin C and A, nutrients that are known to alleviate dry and cracked skin.
Dr. Margaret Robertson, a dermatologist at St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center in Portland advises using a thick unscented moisturizer on the skin. Products like Vaseline petroleum are made for treating dry skin. Put a coat of Vaseline on the soles at night before wearing socks and wake up to softer feet.
Easy Home Remedies to Fight Skin Moisture Loss
There are factors that dries out the outer layer of the skin. Over time, the damage can cause skin to wrinkle. Here are tips to avoid having dry, wrinkle skin.
- Cool it off. Hot temperature from wood stoves or forced air-heating systems dries out the skin. Keep the air temperature a few degrees lower to keep your skin moist. One way to keep moisture from being drawn from the skin into the air is to raise the humidity level in one’s living space. Sixty percent humidity is perfect for the skin. Use a humidifier if humidity level in one’s office or home is lower than the ideal level.
- Cover up. Wear a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt when under the sun. Use a sunscreen with a higher sun protection factor for greater sun protection. When sunbathing, apply cream lotion and occasionally spray skin with mineral water to keep it moist.
- Dump the alcohol. Each time one drinks alcohol, the skin loses moisture. Therefore, do not use alcohol-based products on the skin. Likewise, every time one cleanses his face with alcohol-based cosmetics and wipes, the skin cells lose fluids and essential minerals. Use skin care cosmetics with substances that hold in moisture to the skin such as vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, and panthenol. Increase water intake to cure cracked and dry skin naturally.
- End the abrasives. Dry skin is most common on parts of the body that are often exposed to household products such as cleansers and detergents. Work with vinyl gloves and long-handled brushes to protect the skin. Also, use washcloths on the body sparingly. Sometimes these can do more harm to do skin than good. Opt for organic bath soaps rich with shea and cocoa butters to help cure dry skin. Organic bath soap draws in moisture to the skin, keeping skin hydrated and soft. Aloe Vera applied on the skin overnight also soothes and heals dry and chapped skin fast.
- Oil after bath. Organic bath oils can help replace natural moisture lost. Bath oils relieve chapped skin and soothe irritated, damaged skin. Apply oil to wet skin after bathing to seal in moisture. Use oil like that contains vitamins A, D, and E to help restore skin lost moisture. Likewise, virgin coconut oil has been proven to restore level of water loss or pH of skin.
A good balance of oil and moisture is crucial for a healthy, youthful skin. Therefore, it is necessary to understand the factors that are causing moisture loss and skin dryness, and the best home remedies for dry skin face and body.
Poor lifestyle and diet also make skin health poor. Eat a balanced diet to cure dry skin naturally. Foods high in sulfur can keep the skin smooth and youthful. Drink at least two quarts of good clean water to keep skin well hydrated. Do not forget that a regular exercise can help cure dry skin from the inside by promoting better blood flow.
Are you feeling cracked, chalky and stretched? Cure dry skin.
Legal Steroid Products Online
GP Test Prop 100